To requirements regulated by the IMO OPRC90 convention, accredited by The Nautical Institute on behalf of MCA.
Duration – One day course
Oil Spill Response Technician – Containment and Recovery Techniques – MCA 2P
- Designed fopersonnel who will be required to operate oil spill response equipment and restoration staff who require supervision at a spill response site.
- There are no recommended pre-qualifications fothis course. It is suitable foall personnel who would be required to operate oil response equipment.
Oil Spill Response Technician – Shoreline MCA 3P
Duration – Three day course
- Designed for operators who would form part of the response team and require a high standard of
- technical knowledge to facilitate situation analysis and strategy formulation.
- Recommended pre-qualification includes;
- good communication skills and reasonable level of education. Suitable for personnel who hold positions such as; Pollution Officer, Shift Supervisor, HSE Staff, Emergency Planning Officer and Oil Terminal Shift Supervisor.
Duration – Three day course (32hrs)
Oil Spill Response Supervisor – MCA 4P
- Designed for personnel who would be expected to manage teams of clean-up workers (Oil Spill Operator Level). For small spills they may manage the entire operation.
- Recommended pre qualifications include; previous supervisory, safety and man management skills. Suitable for personnel such as; Pollution Officers, Shift Supervisors, Terminal Manager and
- Environmental Manager.
Duration – Five day course (40hrs)
Executive Commande- MCA P5
- A course designed solely fothe person in charge of the clean-up operation
- Recommended pre -qualification includes; good knowledge of technical spill response. Suitable for personnel such as Harbour Master, Chief Executive and Senior Managers.
IMO/MCA accredited training centre in Fujairah or in own country.